- Gun control: A mission since December’s Sandy Hook massacre, Obama has pushed for intensified background checks and a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
- Immigration reform: Obama’s proposed plan would put 11 million undocumented residents on the path to American citizenship.
- Tax hikes: The president is looking to ramp up tax hikes on the wealthy in an effort to repair the economy while stabilizing the middle class.
- Military families: Obama is expected to call for increased outreach to those closest to those fighting overseas
- Clean energy initiatives: The development of and investments in clean energy has long been a priority of the Obama administration as part of his ongoing effort to bolster the economy.