This healthy Asian slaw recipe features flavors of soy, sesame, and ginger. Its inclusion here was inspired by the perfect summertime meal I had with my friends Lisa and Mark last night. Sliced, grilled steak, asian cole slaw and peach crisp.
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into julienne strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into julienne strips
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as grapeseed or canola
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, and peppers.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients, and pour over the vegetables. Toss to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Leave A Comment