- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 bacon slice, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 Hungarian wax chiles, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- 1. Place garlic in a small bowl; mash with the back of a spoon to form a paste. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, caraway seeds, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and pork in a medium bowl; toss. Add pork to pan; sauté 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove pork from pan.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-high; return pan to heat. Add onion and bacon; sauté 7 minutes or until bacon is done, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic mixture; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 1 1/2 cups water, tomato, paprika, and beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in red pepper and chiles; simmer 15 minutes. Add pork to pan; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir flour mixture and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine noodles and butter in a medium bowl, stirring until butter melts. Place 1 cup noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls; top with 1 cup pork mixture. Top each serving with about 2 teaspoons sour cream. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Joanne Weir, Cooking Light
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.
Print Tasty Pork Chop Recipes for Dinner at Campbell’s Kitchen®.
Delicious Hungarian Goulash Recipes 1000’s of Great Recipes Instantly
6 Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love. Soft Chicken, Soups & More Goodness
Leave A Comment