From Parenting.com: By Patty Santelli, Photograph by Tina Rupp
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 3 to 4 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* 4 small Italian rolls or 1 loaf French bread cut into four 3-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella or a blend (such as Kraft 5-Cheese Italian)
* 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or 16 slices pepperoni
* 4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat indoor grill or grill pan. Split rolls in half. Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on half of each roll. Top each with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup broccoli or 4 slices pepperoni, and 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread.
2. Place sandwiches on grill, cover, and cook them for 4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cool slightly and slice on diagonal. Serve with sliced yellow or red peppers.
Tip: You can also cook panini on a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Place a smaller skillet on top of sandwich to flatten slightly. Cook 2 minutes, carefully flip, flatten, and cook 2 more minutes.
Per serving (with broccoli): 349 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated), 928 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol.
Leave A Comment