Salmon rice with pineapple
Who knew there was a website called, “What’s for Dinner?” Even though I am not making this tonight, this sounds like it would be a big hit with the kids! I am going to try it soon.
Change the Serving Size
1 cup water
1 cup instant rice
6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
4 ounces onion
1/2 cup frozen peas
16 ounces cooked salmon
2 cups pineapple tidbits
1 dash fresh thyme
1 dash fresh rosemary
From kitchen to table in
- In a saucepan, heat water on high until boiling. Stir in instant rice, cover and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- While rice cooks, chop onion and set aside. Mince herbs and set aside
- When rice has absorbed all the water (about 15 minutes), transfer to a non-stick skillet. Add onion and teriyaki sauce and cook over medium heat until onion is becoming tender (about 5 minutes).
- Drain off juice from pineapple, reserving one tablespoon. Place pineapple and reserved juice in a skillet along with minced herbs. Heat on medium. Stir often.
- Add frozen peas to rice and continue to cook until peas are tender and cooked through. Stir often. Serve with pineapple.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!