From Everyday food:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces (8 slices) bacon, cut 1 inch thick crosswise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Set a large pot of water to boil (for pasta). In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 12 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Salt boiling water generously; add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and half-and-half. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, leaving some water clinging to it. Working quickly, add hot pasta to egg mixture. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper, and toss all to combine (heat from pasta will cook eggs). Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese.