I had a friend in California who made a spiced yogurt chicken dish for our book club once and it was truly memorable. This dish is from Alana Kellogg’s fantastic blog, Kitchen Parade. Let us know how it turns out.
Then marinate: 20 minutes
Then grill or pan-cook: 15 minutes
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice from a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 8 pieces
- OPTIONAL SAUCE
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- Zest and juice from a lemon
- Fresh cilantro (or parsley or chive), chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the chicken. Stir in the chicken, coating well. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Stir together sauce ingredients.
Grill or pan fry (no additional fat is necessary) chicken until just cooked through, about 10 – 12 minutes.
Serve hot with a green vegetable and a salad. Leftovers are good cold as is or sliced for sandwiches.