This recipe is so unusual, I thought it might be an interesting way to mix things up this Summer. It comes from the Better Homes and Garden website.
- 213 ounce packagesfrozen chicken pot stickers or two 16- to 19-oz. pkg. frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 1/2cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled
- 1/2cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3cup strawberry jam
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 ounce bagbaby spinach (8 cups)
- 1recipeSpiced Chips (see recipe below)
1.In 4- to 5-quart pot cook pot stickers or tortellini according to package directions; drain. Rinse gently in cold water; drain well and set aside.
2.Meanwhile, for vinaigrette, place 1-1/2 cups berries in large trifle bowl. Crush with masher; whisk in vinegar, jam, oil, ginger, and pepper. Layer pot stickers or tortellini and spinach. Quarter or slice remaining berries; layer on spinach. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 hour. To serve, top with Spiced Chips. Makes 12 side-dish or 6 main-dish servings